Fleming-Mason is an electric distribution cooperative, owned by its members, and operated for them on a not-for-profit basis. The employees, manager, and board of directors strive to make electricity available to members at the lowest possible cost and maintain quality service.
Fleming-Mason was first organized on March 10th, 1938 and at the time served only 320 members on only 98 miles of line. Today, Fleming-Mason serves more that 23,000 members in our eight county service area. Fleming-Mason maintains over 3,400 miles of line in the counties of Bath, Bracken, Fleming, Lewis, Mason, Nicholas, Robertson and Rowan.
During the past seventy plus years our membership has grown tremendously, but our goal has remained the same as the day the co-op was established - to keep up with the changing needs and serve efficiently and economically as possible.